Latest update: 17/03/2023
- You must have an active (paid) subscription to use a STA logger.
- Data that we host will be immediately accessible for a period of two calendar years. Thereafter, it will be archived in file geodatabase format (nothing is deleted).
- The Device and Service are the intellectual property of TerraLab. The data is yours.
- TerraLab have access to your data for support and user experience review purposes.
- You must have the appropriate conservation tools that the STA logger is compatible with, as well as a compatible WiFi configuration for uploading the data.
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the STA logger (the “Logger” or “Device”) and the subscription service (the “Service”, “Subscription”) operated by TerraLab (“TerraLab”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your use of the Sta logger and access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and the Product and Safety Instructions. These Terms apply to all users of the Sta Logger and the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that by using the Device and/or Service you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, then you have no right to use the Device or Service.
If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
Device and Service
To use the Device and Service, you must have:
- Read and understood the safety instructions.
- Have an appropriate and compatible WiFi configuration for uploading data.
- Have appropriate and compatible conservation tools (such as sprayers or tree planters that the Device is compatible with) to use the Device effectively.
License to use the Service
By maintaining a subscription and subject to your compliance with these Terms, TerraLab grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without the right to sub-license to access and use the Service. You may access, use, view and print content produced by the Device and Service. You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Service or Device, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by TerraLab or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
The Device and Service (except where third parties are used) are the Intellectual Property of TerraLab. The data that you collect and upload is yours so long as you maintain access to it through an active Service (subscription).
Costs for the Devices and Service will be invoiced. Payment is required within 28 days of the date of invoice, or the Service will be suspended. The Logger may not be used without a valid, paid Service.
Data use and storage
TerraLab will have access to your data, including the ability to freeze access, edit, modify and delete it. The Service uses third party applications. Because of this, TerraLab cannot guarantee that your data will be kept within Australia.
Data uploaded to the Service will be maintained and accessible to you via the subscription Service for a duration of two calendar years. Data older than that will be archived in file geodatabase (.gdb) format and available for download.
TerraLab may review your data during support requests or when reviewing user experience.
To provide the Device and Service, TerraLab requires you provide us with some information. The Service uses third party applications. It is possible that these applications will have access to some information you supply.
Amendments to pricing and terms
TerraLab maintains the right to update pricing and terms at any time. You will be notified in writing upon changes to the pricing and terms.
Poor or lost data
By using the Device and Service, you acknowledge that irretrievable data loss or corruption can occur and that TerraLab is not responsible for these losses unless through negligence.
Right to use the Device
The Device may not be used without a valid subscription. Altering the Device, or intercepting transmitted data is considered a violation of the Terms. Access to Device data can be only be obtained from a valid Subscription.
This Service is billed on a subscription basis (“Subscription(s)”). You will be billed on a recurring basis. Subscription fees that are paid in advance are not refundable.
Third party providers
Cancellation of the Service
If you breach any of these Terms, TerraLab will have the right to suspend or disable your Account or terminate these Terms, at its sole discretion and without prior notice to you. TerraLab is under no obligation to continue to support the Service in any way, or to provide you with updates or error corrections to Service. Your rights under these Terms will terminate immediately and automatically, with or without notice in TerraLab’s sole discretion, if TerraLab ceases to support the Service. TerraLab reserves the right to revoke your access to and use of the Device and Service at any time, with or without cause.
You may cancel your Account at any time by contacting TerraLab. By cancelling you acknowledge that:
• You will be billed for any money owing on the Device, Service or accessories;
• Subscription fees paid in advance are forfeited;
• You forfeit your right to use the Device.
By using the Device or Service, you acknowledge and agree that TerraLab is not responsible for any damages incurred while the Device or Service were in use.
You agree not to do any of the following:
• Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content (including any links thereto) that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes, demonstrates or constitutes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
• Use, display, mirror or frame the Device or Service, or any individual element within the Service, TerraLab’s name, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without TerraLab’s express written consent;
• Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, TerraLab’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of TerraLab’s providers;
• Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any TerraLab system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
• Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by TerraLab or any of TerraLab’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Device or Service;
• Attempt to access or search the Device or Service or download Content from the Service through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by TerraLab or other generally available third party web browsers;
• Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
• Use the Device or Service for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
• Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Service or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
• Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Device or Service;
• Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service;
• Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Service from other users of the Service without their express permission;
• Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
• Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
• Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
TerraLab will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law. TerraLab may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms. You acknowledge that TerraLab has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Device or Service, but has the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Service, to ensure your compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body. TerraLab reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Content, including, any Content, that TerraLab, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Service.
TerraLab Pty Ltd
ACN: 631 535 496
Important product and safety instructions
Warning: Failure to properly set up, use and care for this product can increase the risk of serious injury, death, property damage, or damage to the product or related accessories. Exercise caution when using the Device. If you have any uncertainty about the proper set up and use of the device, please contact TerraLab.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not block any ventilation openings.
- Protect all cords from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments and accessories supplied or recommended by TerraLab Pty Ltd.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified services personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as when the plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, or the apparatus does not operate normally or has been dropped.
Warning: Failure to take the following precautions can result in serious injury or death from electric shock, fire, or damage to your Device or powered accessories.
- Do not open the casing, drop, disassemble, open, crush, bend, deform, puncture, shred, microwave, incinerate or paint the Device or powered accessories.
- Do not insert foreign objects into any opening on the Device, such as the USB port.
- Do not use the Device if it has been damaged—for example, if cracked, punctured or harmed by water. Disassembling or puncturing the battery (whether integrated or removable) can cause an explosion or fire.
- Do not dry the Device with an external heat source such as a microwave oven or hair dryer.
- Do not place naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on or near the Device.
- When charging the Device, do not handle the plug or charger with wet hands. Failure to observe this precaution could result in electric shock.
- Using a wall charger other than supplied or recommended can damage the Device battery and could result in fire or leakage. Use this product only with an agency approved power supply which meets local regulatory requirements.
- Do not expose products containing batteries to excessive heat (e.g. from storage in direct sunlight, fire or the like).
CAUTION: Radio frequency emissions from electronic equipment can negatively affect the operation of other electronic equipment, causing it to malfunction. The wireless transmitters and electrical circuits in your Device may cause interference in other electronic equipment. When using the Device near another device, read that device’s user guide for any safety instructions. Power your Device off whenever it is forbidden to use it or when it may cause interference.
NOTICES: Avoid exposing your Device or battery to very cold or very hot temperatures. Low or high temperature conditions may shorten the battery life or cause the Device to temporarily stop working properly.
WARNING: The following precautions apply to all products that use rechargeable batteries, including lithium polymer. Improper battery use may result in serious injury, death, property damage, or damage to the product or related accessories as a result of battery fluid leakage, fire, overheating, or explosion. Released battery fluid is corrosive and may be toxic. It can cause skin and eye burns and is harmful if swallowed. If a battery leaks, remove all batteries by reversing the installation steps provided for this product, being careful to keep the leaked fluid from touching your skin or clothes. If fluid from the battery contacts skin or clothes, flush skin with water immediately. Before inserting new batteries, thoroughly clean the battery compartment with a dry cloth. To reduce the risk of injury and proper performance of your battery:
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children.
- Do not dismantle, open or shred battery pack or cells.
- Do not short-circuit the battery. Do not store batteries in a box or drawer where they may short-circuit each other or be short-circuited by other metal objects.
- Do not subject batteries to mechanical shock.
- Observe the plus (+) and minus (-) marks on the battery and equipment and ensure correct use.
- Do not use any battery pack or cell which is not designed for use with the product.
- Do not mix cells of different manufacture, capacity, size or type within a device.
- Keep batteries clean and dry.
- Wipe the battery terminals with a clean dry cloth if they become dirty.
- Batteries need to be charged before use. Always use the correct charger and refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or equipment manual for proper charging instructions.
- Do not leave a battery on prolonged charge when not in use.
- Batteries give their best performance when they are operated at normal room temperature 20°C ± 5°C.
- When possible, remove the battery from the equipment when not in use.
The benefits given by the limited warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and to compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the product repaired or replaced if it fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please dispose of used batteries properly, following local regulations. Do not incinerate.
According to local laws and regulations your product should be disposed of separately from household waste. When this product reaches its end of life, take it to a collection point designated by local authorities. Some collection points accept products for free. The separate collection and recycling of your product at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment.