The software and services that make the STA logger work are continually refined and maintained. On this page you will find a summary of what has been updated and any known bugs that are currently impacting the service.
If your issue doesn’t appear in the list, or you think there still might be a problem, never hesitate to contact support.
Active known bugs
16/02/2022 – Processing changes to improve the representation of spray zones from fast moving vehicles. This update will be rolled out to customers progressively.
24/01/2022 – Firmware version 2.0 began roll out to select customers. Key customer facing changes are:
- Addition of a web-based config portal for remote configuration.
- Addition of text alias’ for the selector switches (10 options saved per device, and 10 retrieved from the server).
- Encryption for uploads.
- STA loggers can now be swapped between sprayers (e.g. from backpack to high-volume). Settings need to be changed first.
- Can configure 3 WiFi/password combo’s.
- Ground work laid for future updates.
- Changes to main display inculding device name, sat number, selector number, battery icon, trigger indicator.
- Changes to main display during upload including number of files transferring and WiFi being used.
- Turn off WiFi after successful upload.
- Auto power off on critically low battery.
24/09/2021 – All customers are automatically upgraded from overnight processing to “fast processing” (data available in your portal in approximately one hour, subject to data upload quantities and demand).
07/07/2021 – Major processing update aimed at paving the way for 2021 major update. Attribute field names updated, on-demand processing enabled for some users.
17/06/2021 – Changes to the way the attribute table works. “Filter by map extent” is now turned off by default, and data is re-ordered so that the newest data is at the top.
14/06/2021 – Version 2 processing software was enabled. This software supports the new features that are expected later in the year.
28/05/2021 – In app links to support.
08/01/2021 – User update: The 3 month “limited data” in the web app was removed. Now all data is present by default. However, new layers showing where your data is at a coarse scale have been added though these are limited to 3 months of data (to maintain performance).
07/01/2021 – An issue effecting the distance and area values not showing up in popups was fixed.
18/12/2020 – An issue effecting the time slider tool in the web app was fixed.
18/12/2020 – Filter and infographic tools were removed from the web app.
27/10/2020 – Point features were added to the logger data set to assist in downloading coordinates for weed mapping projects.
17/09/2020 – A logger firmware update (v1.1) was rolled out to STA logger devices. This will automatically update when the logger is plugged in to charge/upload. Update includes software, WiFi management, time zone support, display device ID at startup, separate config pages for WiFi, fast detection of cable removal, improved memory usage, various others.
05/04/2020 – Data in the web app is now constrained to a 3 month history to improve performance. All data (beyond 3 months) is available via (the newly added) “add data” button.